Monday, July 2, 2007

Novel Project: Post-Reading Discussion

1. After i finished reading the Novel Alias Grace, I feel very satified because at the first time, I thought that I can't finish this novel as it is very complicated and long. Moreover, I found that I don't understand at all in the begining. However, as long as I read, I started to understand the story. At the end I found that this story is very interesting and also all the problem that i faced in the middle of story are solved at the end. Now, I'm very happy because I've never finished reading as long as this novel.

2. In my opinion the major themes of this novel is as the human being need faced with alot of problem and also this book want to tell us to be careful with our word. somtimes only a word that u speak with thnking can becomes a serious problem. For example, Grace in this book just said that she want Nancy to die. As the result, she was accused to be the mudderer and was put in the prison for nearly 30 years. Therefore, this story give alot of examples that are impotant for the real person's life.

3. The characters in this book is very mixed up. Sometimes I can't identify who was speaking that make me misunderstand and i have to reread it, especially, the first part. However, after i read the middle part I knew who was speaking in the first part. Also, there are a lot of characters that were put to express the story like the doctors in differents places and the husband of Jordan's landlady.

4. The dramatic importance of the plot in this book is not good in the first time because when i read it i felt that i didn't want to continue. It was so boring and the imformation is not related to what i want to to know. On the other hand, the middle of story is very inteesting and it also help me to understand the first part because the author explain all details and made me want to finish this book as fast as i can. It really made me want to know what happend in the end and also the plot in this book is very clear and detail. I can imagine that i was in the situations in the story .

1 comment:

Zeinab said...

oh the book was interesting! but soooo loooong!